My Favourite Base Products

3:03 pm

Perfecting the base of my makeup is the favourite part of my make up routine. I believe that if the base of your make up looks rubbish, the rest of your make up is not going to look its best either! I have experimented with many different products over the years, and I think I have found my favourites, so I thought I would share them with you.


First up is the Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Foundation. I am constantly trying out new foundations, I hate just sticking to one! This product is my current favourite. I have a combination skin type, I get very oily around the t-zone area, but dry in other patches. I wanted a foundation which controls and minimises the shine around the t-zone area, and this foundation does exactly that! My skin looks and feels flawless when wearing it and it says put all day. My new favourite foundation, which I will definitely be buying again.


After applying my foundation I like to use the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer to hide and conceal any blemishes, redness and the dark bags under my eyes. This concealer has really good coverage, it doesn't crease and blends into the skin really easily, it has everything you want from a concealer!



Next up is theBalm Mary Lou Manizer. This is my go-to highlighter, I am completely obsessed! I like to sweep this over my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose and on my brow bone using a small fan brush to give my skin the most gorgeous, radiant glow. 


Finally is the Kiko Milano Invisible Powder which I use to set my makeup. I sweep this all over my face after applying my base products to eliminate any shine and set everything in place. It leaves my skin feeling velvety soft and it really does keep shine at bay and keeps my makeup in place all day! 

I am constantly looking to try out new base products, so if anyone has any recommendations, please feel free to leave me a comment in the comments section below, thank you!

Love Amy x

Instagram: amyguest_
Twitter: amyguest_
Snapchat: amysguest

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I've heard so many good things about Mary Lou-Manizer! My favourite foundation is the No7 Beautifully Matte one if you're looking to try something new :)

    The Modern Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will have to give that foundation go! x

      Delete
  2. Oh, I would love to try this powder from Kiko! Must check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never thought to check out Clinique's foundation before but this sounds perfect for my skin :) big fan of the Mary Lou Manizer too! xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete